Saturday, July 5, 2014

My First Car!

I purchased my first car on Thursday.
My dad picked me up from work and we went looking at the car yards in Victoria Park. We went to a few different yards and saw a few cars, but nothing stuck out at us. It was useful having my dad around because I have zero knowledge or interest in cars.
We finally found something we both liked, a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer with low kms for only $5000. I got a real bargain! I paid for it right away, and I got to drive it home :)

I don't have my full licence yet, I'm still on my L plates which means I need a person with a full licence in the car with me. But this is only until I do a total of 25hours and then I can get my P plates which is unsupervised driving. How exciting!
I can't wait to make the car my own by putting some bats on it!

I haven't thought of a name for my car yet, any suggestions?


4 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

That's so exciting, Natalie! I remember how excited I was when I got my first car **cough, when I was 50**. I had a dragon painted on the hood and called it the Dragon Wagon. Lame. Obviously, you shouldn't look to me for any decent suggestions!

J.Bane said...

Yay, first car! That is exciting! I'm afraid I'm not much help with names... I've had my car five years and still haven't named it. But I did stick bats on it, which we all know is the true sign of gothy affection. ;)

Courtney Cadaver said...

The Natmobile!

Unknown said...

Buying your first car is always exciting. But it can be stressful as well, especially if you don’t have any idea about the process involved. Thankfully, your dad accompanied you and made it much easier. How does it feel to drive your very own car? I hope you’re enjoying it and not having any problem so far!

Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai