Thursday, October 25, 2012

Volunteering

This Summer I'm volunteering at the Rooftop Movies in Perth. I am very excited that I get to do this, I've been bugging my friend to put in a good word for me. He volunteered last year. The season opened last week, and I had my training on opening night. I'll be running the popcorn machine, which is easy. Afterwards I can stay to watch the film!
It's maybe one or two nights a week currently, my shifts are when I'm free.

I hope this is a step towards crushing my depression. I'll be talking to customers a lot, and putting on my game face.

The temporary cinema is on top of a carpark in the middle of Perth. The Perth skyline is in the background. Very beautiful on a Summers night.
 
There are palm trees, pink flamingos, and caravans around the area. And astro-turf!
 
Here is the popcorn machine that I run! I make sure to keep it clean and tidy.

1 comment:

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

This looks like such a fun event! I love doing stuff like this.
Judging from your fb posts it seems like you're having a good time volunteering. Doing something good for the community is good for the soul. :)