Saturday, June 4, 2011

Marychain, a Spotlight on

Marychain has been a good friend of mine for ages, which is strange considering I've never met her and she lives on the other side of the world. We first met on Deviantart, I can't remember the exact details but I think it had something to do with my Theda Bara avatar.

Marychain is one of my all time favourite artists, her lines are clean and there is a cartoonish quality to her work. Her work is vintage/Gothic inspired.


I think this may have to be part of my next tattoo, because it's so brilliant.

Not only is she a good artist, she's totally my girl crush!

I loved this so much that I got it tattooed!

 As seen here, I haven't got a better photo of it yet. I need to get it touched up.
I love this because it's so simple and cute. She'll probably hate me because I didn't choose her more 'serious' artwork.

So cyber!

Please look at her Deviantart account. She's brilliant, and I'm not saying that just because she's my friend!

P.S. I commissioned her to draw me and Adam Ant tattoo. I can't wait! That's where the name of this blog came from. Goody Two Shoes = Gothy Two Shoes

No comments: